Rating of the best printers and MFPs with CISS
Nowadays, many people are thinking about buying a printer with CISS. Technology is getting cheaper and more accessible. The rhythm of life is accelerating, and there is not always time to turn to a specialized service for printing photos. Therefore, many decide to purchase equipment for their own use.
To make an informed choice, you should pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Speed and load. The intensity of wear of the print heads depends on this. This part bears the main burden when printing, so you need to accurately estimate how much you print per month, add a small margin and select a model based on the resulting figure.
- Working resource. In addition to the limitation in monthly work, each technique has such a thing as a common resource. Manufacturers rarely indicate it, but a rough idea can be obtained by comparing the indicated resource per month with the estimated service life. Of course, the more intense the load is planned, the greater the working resource should be.
- Borderless printing. This feature is important mainly for those who plan to work with photos. If your equipment does not support such printing, then all photos will have an ugly white border.
- Scanner. The built-in scanning function is needed mainly in offices. It also determines whether you will choose just a printer or MFP (multifunctional device). Very often, the MFP also has copy functions (it’s not for nothing that it is “many” functional).
- Cost per print. This should be paid attention mainly to corporate buyers. In offices where the number of printed pages is in the thousands and tens of thousands, any penny difference in the price of a print very quickly turns into thousands of rubles. The cost of a print is very rarely indicated by the manufacturer, but it can be obtained by dividing the price of one refill (bottle) of ink by the declared number of prints per refill.
- Ink Composition. It is not a fundamental issue, but there are some nuances here. Basically, ink is divided into two types — pigment and water-soluble. The former are more economical and more reliable on plain paper, making them a favorite in office work. Water-soluble ones are inferior in practicality to pigment ones, but their advantage is in working with glossy media. If photo printing is a priority for you, then preference should be given to water-soluble inks.
- Self cleaning and maintenance is an important characteristic for individual consumers. Different companies have different ways of cleaning the print heads in the printer, and it is important to understand which system is best for you. So that it does not happen that the printer has not been turned on for a month, and the heads have dried up without proper care during this time and now you are waiting for an expensive repair.
- Connection type. It can be a wired connection or Wi-Fi. Generally, a wireless network connection is preferred as it reduces the amount of wires and allows you to put the printer/MFP wherever you want. But if there are interruptions in communication, it is better to use a reliable wired connection.
- paper tray. The indicator is mainly for companies. The larger the tray in the office, the less often employees will have to be distracted by such trifles as refilling new paper in the printer.
Top best MFPs and printers with CISS
HP Smart Tank 519 Wireless
HP Smart Tank 519 Wireless
One of the best multifunction printers with photo printing, economical ink consumption thanks to CISS and compact size. You can scan and print from your phone. The process of topping up ink is simple and fast — without getting your hands and surrounding things dirty. In the reviews, among other things, they also praise manufacturability — the device is functional and easy to manage. There is an important nuance — after 15 minutes of inactivity, the printer turns off by itself, and if you send a file for printing, the device will not turn on automatically. The owners of this HP claim that there is no “Always on” item in the settings, the maximum idle interval is 15 minutes.
- Does not require connection to a computer
- Easy ink refill
- Good quality case materials and excellent assembly
- Turns off by itself after 15 minutes
- May stop scanning through a computer (everything works through a smartphone)
HP Smart Tank 615
HP Smart Tank 615
MFP with CISS, which is focused on use in an office environment with a relatively small workflow, but many owners in the reviews admit that they bought this model specifically for the home. This is because it is great for use at home, where you need to print something quite often. He can print photos in decent quality, connects to a PC and smartphone wirelessly via Wi-Fi. To manage and monitor the current print settings, the manufacturer has provided a display. The printer is based on inkjet printing technology. One of the features that you do not pay attention to, but which greatly improves the comfort when using the MFP, is the automatic paper feeder for the scanner.
- Looks nice
- Acceptable print speed
- Wireless connection
- Automatic paper feed to scanner
- Unreliable (may break within six months)
- Needs frequent head cleaning
- Sometimes underprints large photos to the end
Canon PIXMA G2411
Canon PIXMA G2411
Inexpensive MFP with CISS support, and it’s size is great for home use. The device is not designed for the office, although there are those who buy it for use in an office with little paperwork. This is a color inkjet printer. Printing speed is low, but ink consumption is economical, refilling is simple and fast, and you can replenish devices with consumables yourself in a few minutes — you do not need to take the MFP to a specialized center or call a master at home. In reviews, the owners of this device often describe situations that the device fails after several months of operation, and the cause of the breakdown is not covered by the warranty.
- Compact dimensions
- low cost
- Not picky about paper weight
- Noisy at start up
- May break after a few months of use
The reliable device, which replaced the popular L800 model, has acquired a wireless interface, increased maximum print detail up to 5760×1440 dpi and a modern design. Using an Epson inkjet printer from the Print Factory series, there is no need to purchase a makeshift continuous ink supply system (CISS), as it is already built into a special unit attached to the body. The transparent color of the containers allows you to see the current level of paints and prevents overflow during refilling. Through wireless communication, using the Epson iPrint mobile application, you can easily print any image, even captured directly from the camera. The printer, according to reviews, produces high-quality prints at an extremely low cost, has many flexible settings and does not cause difficulties in maintenance.
- Can print on CDs
- 6 color inkjet printing
- Quality photos
- Frequent breakdowns
- Frequent cleaning is required, otherwise it will streak
- There may be color distortion
Canon PIXMA G3411
Canon PIXMA G3411
Wireless MFP, which can be called one of the best in terms of price and functionality. The device can take color photographs sent for printing both from a desktop computer and from a tablet or smartphone. For convenience of management the display is provided. The printer prints relatively slowly, but for the home this speed is more than enough. Thanks to the CISS, the owners of this device rarely add ink and save a lot on consumables. The speed of the scanner is good — in this price range there are mainly only MFPs for home use, and the scanner in them is slow, and in the case of the Canon PIXMA G3411 it works faster than the competition.
- Easy first setup
- Can print from any Wi-Fi connected device
- Small size — suitable for the home
- Branded application for printing little functional
- Printed photos are not very clear
A color MFP that can scan, copy and print is perfect for the home with its cost-effective and easy-to-service CISS. The ink reservoirs are located on the front and are visible through a transparent panel, allowing you to control their level. The expected high print quality is provided by a maximum of 6000×1200 dpi. The capabilities of the built-in scanner are enough to work with images, the optical resolution of which is 1200×2400 dpi. The Japanese novelty, like many other modern MFPs, has a wireless interface, allowing you to directly send an image to print or scan from gadgets. In the reviews, users liked the ease of use, wide functionality and affordable price. For periodic home photo printing with the ability to scan and copy documents, this device can be a great solution.
- Convenient to manage and operate
- Thoughtfully positioned ink containers
- Slightly noisy
- High quality case materials
- Scanner is slow
- Black color on printed documents is not quite black
- Slow photo printing
HP Ink Tank Wireless 419
HP Ink Tank Wireless 419
A fast, economical, multifunctional printer in a stylish design with bright blue plastic inserts, it’s a great choice for the home. In addition to the cool design, the MFP boasts the presence of a CISS built into the body, modern wireless communications, an LCD display and a quiet operation mode. The maximum color resolution is 4800×1200 dpi, and black and white 1200×1200 dpi. Owner reviews praised the convenience of wireless printing with the HP Smart mobile app and web-based ePrint remote management. The dye filling system, which prevents overflow, was also appreciated. The appearance and quality of the printer is on top, at the most affordable price in its category. The package includes 340 ml of black paint, but the color one is much smaller, only 70 ml of each color.
- Convenient phone app
- Ideal for home
- Vibrant vibrant colors in printed photos
- Difficulty connecting to Wi-Fi
- Poorly captures photo paper 10×15 cm
- Prints at low speeds
Epson’s new Print Factory series wide-format printer with integrated CISS will be a profitable purchase in the long run. The unique ability to print on A3 sheets is useful for creating your own calendars, drawings, sketches, and presentations. Black ink has two bottles, which speeds up the production of monochrome images. Among the advantages of the model, users noted: decent quality of color images on any media, the volume of ink containers increased to 70 ml and high printing speed. A3 format printing and economical CISS made this printer the most interesting option for home or office, because the cost of similar devices based on laser technology is many times higher.
- Prints on A3 format
- High print speed (if you set the right settings)
- Loading paper vertically, causing the printer to take up more space
- chews paper