Top 10 Humidifiers for an Apartment in 2020
In apartments, with the onset of the heating season, the air becomes too dry. The minimum allowable humidity level in the room is 40%, while the actual figure rarely exceeds 25%. It is not difficult to solve this problem, it is enough to purchase an air humidifier: the device will be inexpensive and will help create an optimal microclimate in a matter of hours.
How to choose the best humidifier
Before purchasing a specific model, it is worth understanding the features of the devices and their varieties. You also need to consider a number of additional factors that simplify the use of a humidifier:
- Device type. The simplest and most inexpensive are dry evaporators, which saturate the air with moisture through a special module and blow it out with a fan. Steam options use the principle of evaporation of moisture during boiling, while the devices also work as cleaners, destroying pathogenic bacteria. Ultrasonic — the most modern, convenient and effective.
- Energy consumption. Steam options consume from 200 to 600 watts per hour, dry options are limited to 100 watts. The most economical — ultrasonic with a consumption of 40 to 60 watts.
- Tank volume, water flow. It depends on how often you need to add fluid.
- The price and availability of consumables, especially filters.
- Additional functions. This may include remote control, backlight adjustment, water level indicator and much more.
It is also worth paying attention to the reputation of the manufacturer. It is better to avoid little-known brands whose products are much cheaper than their counterparts.
Rating of air humidifiers for the apartment
Timberk THU UL 15M
A modern ultrasonic device, it is enough for an area of up to 25 square meters. m., although in fact it is better not to use it for spaces over 20 squares. There are quite a few advantages:
- Power consumption — only 25 watts.
- Mechanical controls are reliable and durable.
- Maximum productivity — 300 g per hour.
- The volume of the tank is 2.6 liters, which is enough for about 8 hours of continuous operation if the maximum moisture supply mode is turned on.
- Several design options will allow you to choose the optimal color scheme for any interior.
As for the shortcomings, first of all, you need to highlight the short length of the power cord. You will have to put the device close to the outlet. Also, some users complain that the LED is too bright, which can interfere with sleep.
Xiaomi VH Desktop USB Humidifier
A compact version from a well-known Chinese brand. Stylish minimalistic design and different color options allow you to choose the right model for any situation. Main advantages:
- Silent operation, and the device is designed for round-the-clock operation.
- With a reservoir of 420 ml, it lasts for 10 hours of operation. But at the same time, the power is limited and it is possible to effectively humidify the air in only one room.
- There is an indicator showing when you need to add water. When the tank is empty, the device automatically turns off.
- The charger wire has a USB connector, which allows you to power it both from a standard power supply, and from a drive, computer and other devices.
- Power consumption — only 2 W, this is the most economical solution to date.
Among the shortcomings, a not very convenient power button is distinguished, as well as the lack of a user manual in Russian. Since the steam is released a little, it is better to place the device near the place where people are.
Royal Clima Sanremo (RUH-S380/3.0M)
This is one of the most powerful options in the budget segment. This model can humidify the air throughout the apartment, it has an aromatization function, but for this you need to purchase and install special capsules. 5 replaceable filters that come with the kit will allow you not to purchase consumables for 2 years.
- Power consumption is 25 W per hour, which is not much for such high-performance equipment.
- It is installed on the floor in any suitable place thanks to the long cord. The capacity of the container is 3 liters.
- The maximum operating time after filling the tank is 8 hours.
- Mechanical controls are reliable and almost never fail.
- The appearance is modern, suitable for most interiors.
There are also disadvantages, and the main one is the inconvenient location of the filler neck: it is located at the bottom. When set to maximum power, water is consumed fairly quickly. After using fragrances, you need to clean the device every time.
Good model, has enough power. Thanks to the mechanical control, setting up the fixture is as simple as possible, while it is well suited for rooms with a large number of indoor plants.
- You can install the humidifier both on the floor and on the table or in another place. This allows you to choose the optimal location in the room.
- Power consumption — 35 W per hour.
- The 2.5L tank ensures continuous operation for 10 hours.
- Thanks to the removable system, it is easy to fill the container with water. If the moment of filling is missed and there is very little moisture, the device turns off automatically.
- The components are reliable and the build quality is high. Therefore, the service life is long.
As for the shortcomings, users recognize the absence of an indicator of contamination of the filter element as the main inconvenience; it must be periodically inspected. Also, the model does not have a turn-on timer and backlight, which creates problems when adjusting at night.
Another good option from China can humidify the air in an area of up to 40 square meters. m. The ultrasonic model works almost silently, which is different from most inexpensive analogues. Three positions of the evaporator allow you to adjust the intensity of humidification.
- Large capacity of 5 liters at a flow rate of 350 ml per hour ensures continuous operation for 15 hours.
- Power consumption — 25 W.
- Electronic control with a modern display and timer makes it easy to set up the equipment.
- The carbon filter purifies water well and has a fairly long resource.
- The container is easy to fill.
Of the shortcomings, not very high power is distinguished: in order to maintain humidity at the right level, it is necessary that the device works most of the day. For some, the inconvenience is that the model must be placed on the table, sometimes it is difficult to find a suitable place for it due to its impressive size.
The quality is at a high level. The manufacturer claims a humidification area of up to 40 m², but in fact it is better to use it in smaller rooms. The equipment humidifies the air very quickly and efficiently, the difference is visible in just half an hour.
The pros are:
- It purifies water well and at the same time serves for a long time. There is also a filter that purifies the intake air.
- The container size is 3 liters, with a capacity of 300 ml per hour, this is enough for 10 hours of continuous operation.
- Power consumption — 25 W per hour, which is quite small for equipment with this quality of humidification.
- There are 5 modes of operation, you can choose the best one. The low liquid level indicator will tell you when you need to fill the tank.
- The backlighting is pleasant, creates a cozy atmosphere at night.
The main disadvantage is not a very convenient process of topping up water. Also, the comfort of use is reduced due to the lack of a hygrostat, there is no ionizer, which is installed on many analogues. There is also no remote control, to turn on or reconfigure the device, you need to approach it.
The products of the Swedish manufacturer do not need recommendations and are of high quality and reliability, the warranty is 2 years. The design is good in that a plastic bottle ranging in size from 0.5 to 1.5 liters is used as a container, but this does not look the most attractive way.
The advantages are:
- Light weight and dimensions allow you to carry the device to the right place. The best quality of humidification is achieved within a radius of one and a half meters, the maximum size of the room is 15 square meters. m.
- It is possible to use flavors due to a special capsule, which is inserted into the place of release of moist air.
- Consumes only 12 watts per hour.
- If there is no water in the tank, the equipment will not start.
- Only 130 ml of liquid is consumed per hour, a one and a half liter bottle is enough for more than 16 hours.
Of the minuses, one can distinguish not the neatest view due to the bottle on top. Also in the design there is no ionization and a control panel. Due to the limited range, the device must be carried with you.
More productive and perfect model of the Swedish brand. The water tank has an antibacterial coating, which ensures the purity of the humidified air. At the same time, the design is stylish and modern, the device fits well into different environments.
- A three-stage cleaning system is a development of the company. The water is not only filtered, but also pasteurized, and the steam is disinfected with an ultraviolet lamp.
- The timer allows you to set the turn off time. Air ionization and immunostimulating mode allow you to create a healthy microclimate in the room.
- The capacity holds 5 liters, this is enough for a day of continuous work.
- A large number of modes allows you to configure the equipment as needed.
- The backlight is stylish and gives the model an unusual appearance.
Among the shortcomings, a rather high price is distinguished, and users also note a not very long cord length. There is no outdoor temperature sensor.
Powerful and productive device. A convenient and clear indication and control system allows you to quickly and accurately configure the equipment. Can be installed both on the floor and on the table.
The pros are:
- A special indicator will tell you when it is necessary to clean the humidifier.
- If the water level is below the minimum allowable, the model will automatically turn off.
- Water is effectively disinfected by a special system.
- A tank with a capacity of 9 liters provides an operating time of at least a day even at maximum settings.
- You can install a capsule with aromatic oil.
The disadvantage is the noisy operation. Also, users note that the surfaces around the humidifier become wet over time, it is better to put it on the floor.
Okami Air 710 Aqua
A stationary option that will cope with the humidification of even a large apartment. The model is reliable, while consuming only 110 watts per hour. The advantages are:
- The 23.5 liter tank ensures long run times.
- There is an ionization mode for air purification.
- It works almost silently, does not create discomfort at night.
- You can control both from the touch screen and from the remote control.
The main disadvantage is that you only need to fill the model with distilled water. Otherwise, a whitish precipitate will begin to form on the furniture over time.
Choosing a quality humidifier is easy. To do this, you need to clarify the area of \u200b\u200bthe room and decide in what mode the equipment will work. For air disinfection, it is better to choose options with ionization, and to make it more convenient to control, it is desirable to have a remote control.Метки: 2020, apartment, humidifiers