Rating of the TOP 5 best brands of linden honey: collection region, which is better, reviews
Linden honey is one of the most popular and healthy varieties of viscous treats. This product has a lot of advantages — it is not only a sweet topping and a healthier alternative to sugar, but also a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. It has antibacterial properties and relieves the symptoms of colds.
We have compiled the TOP 5 best specimens of linden honey, studied product reviews and organoleptic features of each. From this review, you will learn which brands are in demand among buyers and how to distinguish a fake from the original.
Rating of varieties of linden honey
Ripe flower honey from the northern regions of Bashkortostan in a glass jar. It has a creamy consistency, the color varies from milky white to yellowish cream. The aroma is dominated by notes of linden, apricot and vanilla, the taste is dominated by shades of citrus, liquor and tea rose with a subtle hint of mint.
Based on the results of an independent examination, the product was awarded the State Quality Mark. Manufactured in accordance with GOST 31766 — 2012. Product shelf life: 2 years.
|Calorie content, kcal||321.2|
- rich aroma;
- delicate texture;
- completely natural.
- not detected.
Unrealistically delicious honey, fully consistent with its description. Usually I use honey as a substitute for sugar, but I want to eat this one with spoons. Tea rose is very well felt in taste.
Linden honey tends to quickly dissolve in water. — this is one of its main distinguishing features from the rest. To check such a product for naturalness, try scooping up a spoon and lowering it into water, and then mix it. Its complete dissolution indicates the quality and the absence of additives. If you find sediment and flakes — so the manufacturer added impurities, and this is a clear sign of counterfeit.
Natural linden honey, made using cold filtration technology. The product is a light amber color with a creamy texture. It has a pronounced sweet taste and delicate floral aroma. Processing at low temperatures retains all useful properties, so the manufacturer does not recommend exposing it to heat.
The product has successfully passed the test for quality and naturalness from the organization of experts «Roskontrol». It is recommended to consume within 24 months from the date of production.
|Calorie content, kcal||302|
- uniform texture;
- rich taste palette;
- without additives and fragrances.
I really like honey from an Austrian manufacturer, however, it doesn’t look like Russian at all. The consistency is homogeneous, not too thick, the color is yellow and very pleasant. The aroma and taste are very rich, naturalness and high quality are felt.
Bee honey, collected from linden flowers, in a glass jar. The product is a transparent yellow hue, quite liquid on top and partially candied on the bottom with a sediment of pollen. The taste is sweet-tart classic, the aroma is not pronounced.
The manufacturer declared compliance with the GOST 19792-01 standards, however, the examination of this type of honey was not carried out (when checking the flower honey of the same company, serious violations were revealed). The shelf life of the product is 24 months.
|Collection region||Russia, Nizhny Novgorod region|
|Calorie content, kcal||294|
- pleasant taste;
- low price;
- reduces the symptoms of a cold;
- dubious quality.
Budget honey from the Nizhny Novgorod region, seemingly natural, crystallizes over time. Linden, however, almost does not smell. Very good for sore throat, highly recommended.
Flower honey from an ecologically clean region of Bashkiria in a glass jar. It is characterized by a rich spicy aroma of linden and a multifaceted taste with mint notes. The consistency is viscous and similar to thick syrup. The color of the product is uniform, light yellow.
Produced in accordance with GOST 19792-2017. Among the honey plants are linden, clover, sweet clover and sainfoin. The product is valid for 24 months from the date of manufacture.
|Calorie content, kcal||321.2|
- has the property of evenly sugaring;
- fragrant aroma;
- moderately tart;
- not detected.
From purchase options — this is one of the most worthy and high quality. Naturalness is checked by gradual and uniform crystallization, this is exactly what the right honey should be.
Bashkir linden honey, which is supplied to enterprises subordinate to the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation. The product has a viscous transparent texture and a bright amber hue. Honey with a high diastase number (from 22 to 50) has a mild taste and fragrant aroma.
Products under the TM «Kremlin Standard» undergo a special quality check in the state laboratory. The shelf life of the product is 2 years.
|Calorie content, kcal||330|
- authentic Soviet taste;
- pleasant texture;
- rich aroma.
- rarely found in regular retail stores.
Real honey, I remember, that’s exactly what they sold in the USSR in small pot-bellied jars. The taste and quality are excellent, but it is very difficult to find on sale.
The diastase indicator of honey gives information about its naturalness and maturity. Diastase is a digestive enzyme that promotes the breakdown of starch. The higher the numerical value of diastasis, the better the product is considered. According to GOST, for natural honey, their number should vary from 3 to 50.
Lists of the best
Among today’s five contestants, I would like to single out the most worthy specimens that can be safely recommended for purchase. Based on a detailed review, tasting characteristics and customer reviews, the following three samples pleased more than the rest:
«Bashkirkhan» — the choice of buyers and experts
Bashkir honey of the Berestov brand has become an absolute favorite among consumers and experts of Roskachestvo. The test group did not have a single complaint about the product based on the results of laboratory studies — all indicators give grounds to recognize it as completely natural and high quality. Laudatory customer reviews only strengthen the reason to believe that Bashkirkhan linden honey is truly a reference among all varieties available in retail.
«D’arbo» — an alternative take on linden honey
The previous contestant can be safely recommended to everyone who loves and appreciates the same authentic taste from childhood. Austrian honey «D’arbo» is the choice of those who would like to pleasantly surprise their taste buds. The product in a good sense is slightly different in taste — and this is not surprising, given the region of collection. A different climate, different bees and production features — all this affects the organoleptic properties. Linden honey lovers should definitely try it!
«Linden Forest» — value for money
Another worthy representative under the brand name “Berestov A.S.” — buyers in unison call it one of the best store copies. Although the jar is small — only 240 g, but the price is quite budgetary, especially considering such a high quality of workmanship. This sample can be recommended to those who prefer candied honey. At the same time, it crystallizes evenly, without the formation of lumps.
Useful properties of linden honey
The vitamin and mineral composition of this delicacy is truly outstanding. With moderate use and no contraindications, it strengthens all body systems and helps strengthen the immune system. The main benefits are:
- The product contains vitamins of groups A, C, PP and enhances the protective functions of the body in the fight against infectious diseases.
- Due to the high concentration of vitamin B, honey is useful for nervous disorders and sleep disorders.
- Enzymes in the composition help to establish digestion and the functioning of the digestive tract. The product is quickly and easily absorbed, it is often recommended to be added to the diet for the prevention of gastritis.
- Linden honey is famous for its antibacterial properties. It also helps fight sore throats and coughing fits. When it enters the mouth and throat, it literally envelops them, dulling pain and inflammation. In addition, the product helps to facilitate sputum discharge.
- Linden honey is also often used in folk medicine to treat skin conditions. Its external use helps fight eczema, acne, clogged pores and inflammation.
What to look for when choosing honey in a store
It is becoming more and more difficult to choose truly high-quality honey in the store: unscrupulous entrepreneurs and beekeepers are trying by all means to reduce the cost of production and increase sales. The following recommendations will help you better navigate among the assortment that a typical supermarket or market offers us.
- Liquid honey can be for a month after collection (usually from July to October). By the onset of the last autumn month, it begins to crystallize, with the exception of acacia and heather. If in winter you come across liquid honey on the counter, it is likely that it was melted or diluted with glucose-based syrup.
- Pay attention to the labeling and try to choose a product made in accordance with GOST. If honey is made according to TU (technical specifications) or STO (organization standard), then it may contain impurities.
- The label must indicate the specific place of collection. It is even better if there is a certificate with detailed information about apiaries and botanical origin.
- Not every plant performs the function of a honey plant. Sea buckthorn or pear honey should at least raise doubts. Try first to look for information in reliable sources — it is possible that the honey plant indicated on the label is not such at all.
- Bubbles on the surface of the product indicate its unnaturalness or fermentation. If foam is found, it is better to refuse the purchase.
- Honey in liquid form should be transparent before crystallization occurs. If you find sediment, separation or haze, it is definitely not recommended to buy it.
- Pay attention to the container in which the honey is placed. Plastic packaging is acceptable for use if it complies with the GOST regulations and is made of food-grade plastic. Usually such containers are marked on the lid or bottom: there should be a relief pattern of a fork and a spoon, as well as a triangular figure with arrows, which indicates the possibility of processing.