The growth in demand for vertical models of vacuum cleaners is quite objective: they are more affordable than their classic counterparts (especially cordless vacuum cleaners with a battery), they do a better job of cleaning than even advanced robotic vacuum cleaners, and they have an optimal price / quality ratio. However, the growing interest of users in this technique has led to the emergence of unscrupulous or not very professional manufacturers. Yes, there are failed lines and solid brands, but there are even more unreliable models from obscure companies that try to lure their target audience with profitable tags and features, forgetting the importance of key details. Given these circumstances, the editors have prepared a rating of the best upright vacuum cleaners in 2022, taking into account customer reviews.
First of all, in order not to make a mistake with the choice, you need to understand what kind of upright vacuum cleaners are on sale and what they are intended for:
- Automotive: manual models, which many call vertical, but this is not entirely true. These are low-power solutions with a narrow scope. At the same time, there are full-size analogues, the design of which provides for a temporary stop of the rod. The latter can be found in our list.
- Industrial — such devices are easy to distinguish from domestic models by the presence of a huge trash can and increased power. These vacuum cleaners are significantly more expensive and better protected from damaging factors including debris and more.
- Vacuum cleaners are reusable upright models that are often suitable for wet cleaning. Such solutions are convenient in the sense that there is no need to run a wire, but they rarely have a lot of power. At the same time, the battery life most often ranges from 30 to 80 minutes, and it takes from 3 hours or more to charge the battery, up to 6-8.
- Mains-powered upright vacuum cleaners: These have more power than their battery-powered counterparts, but they need to be connected to the mains, making them less convenient. It is important that the length of the cable allows the use of such equipment in any room without unnecessary inconvenience.
- Bench wet vacuum cleaners are cyclone models, which, as a rule, have two containers in their design. It should be noted right away that such inventions in 90% of cases are much more effective than vacuum cleaners of liquids and cleaning dirt than robotic vacuum cleaners.
Best Inexpensive Upright Vacuums
In the initial category, you can find budget models that attract not only with an affordable price, but also with optimal parameters. The editors focused on popular devices that managed to prove their relevance in practice.
Our Top 15 upright vacuum cleaners for home use are opened by the inexpensive model ENDEVER VC-288 with mains power. The compact gadget can be used to clean dirt under furniture, removing even small debris. This is due to the use of a fairly powerful motor, the effective power of which is 150 watts. The design of the cyclone model has 500 milliliters, and the HEPA filter is responsible for cleaning the air from allergens. Another feature is the presence of an advanced combined attack that can work in two modes.
- good basic nozzle;
- effective suction power;
- filtration system.
- dual nozzle.
- brand recognition;
- there is a thread.
Xiaomi Deerma DX700
If you do not know which inexpensive upright vacuum cleaner to choose, we recommend that you pay attention to the Xiaomi Deerma DX700 line. Like the previous device in our review, this unit has a 600W output (four times less current) and a 4.5m network cable. The case of this model is made of durable plastic, the kit includes an extension cord. It can be removed to turn the device into a portable furniture vacuum cleaner. Inside the structure is a HEPA filter and a cyclone container with a capacity of 800 milliliters. This is enough for several cycles of cleaning an apartment up to 30 sq. In this case, the weight of the structure does not exceed 2 kilograms.
- container capacity;
- optimal power;
- great design.
- cheap fittings.
Another cheap but good vertical parking vacuum cleaner with 150W suction power. However, given the cost of the product, it should not be assumed that it is more effective. In addition, the quality of filtration should not be overestimated (fine filter E12). However, the manufacturer has taken care of a good cyclone container that can hold up to 500 milliliters of contaminants. This device weighs about 1.5 kg (with empty dust box) and the maximum noise level is about 80 dB. For users who require a simple device for convenient dry cleaning, this device is suitable, but the power and quality of the accessories are unlikely to be enough for effective general cleaning of large areas.
- good structure;
- large container;
- affordable cost.
- not for large rooms.
Another inexpensive networked vacuum cleaner from the Vitek VT-8126 series has good power compared to competitors. Unlike the previous models featured in our evaluation, this gadget has a 250 (suction) powerplant. The device has a HEPA filter and a long power cord. A length of 5 meters is enough to clean even large apartments, and you don’t have to worry about having a free power outlet in every room. And this is not all the advantages of the device. Among other things, a good telescopic tube and a motorized brush are used. Also included are brushes for dust and crevices.
- there is a HEPA filter;
- long cable;
- more strength;
- good brush.
Tefal X-PERT 3.60 Versatile Handstick TY6933WO
According to the editors, the best budget upright vacuum cleaner this year is the Tefal X-PERT 3.60 TY6933WO model, which allows dry cleaning. At the same time, this line has a battery, which favorably distinguishes it from other representatives of this price category. The device can operate effectively on battery power for approximately 45 minutes. Together with a fully assembled battery, the vacuum cleaner weighs about 2 kilograms, which indicates the convenience of transporting it to different rooms. Also reassuring is that the vacuum cleaner charges in just 240 minutes and supports the connection of a motorized brush. Of course, the power is not very high, but it is quite enough for cosmetic cleaning of an apartment or a car interior.
- there is a battery;
- small size;
- turbo injector support;
- big container.
- low power.
The best upright vacuum cleaners for price and quality
This category contains quite powerful, affordable and reliable products. The list is based on the opinions of independent buyers and value for money.
The Tefal TY9490WO premium model, equipped with a number of patented technologies, fills the rating of upright vacuum cleaners for dry and wet cleaning. The manufacturer guarantees that the innovative body of this cleaner allows you to penetrate under the furniture much deeper than its counterparts. Judging by customer reviews, this is true. The capacity of a lithium-ion battery, which lasts for 35 minutes, can be confusing. However, up to 80 square meters can be removed during this period. In this case, the device charges quickly. The suction power of the power plant is 100 aerowatts, which will not seem small for cleaning small and large debris, including pet hair and so on. Another nice benefit is the backlit turbo brush, which allows you to remove dirt in places without natural or artificial light.
- good capacity 650 ml;
- suction power;
- mobility and maneuverability;
- turbo mode and brushes.
- cleaning of flexible products.
If you are looking for a quality upright wet vacuum cleaner, look no further than the LG A9MASTER2X. This is a flagship solution that can be included in the price, which is equipped with 3 power modes. Floor cleaning is carried out using a special nozzle and an efficient electric pump that regulates the optimal volume of water supply for high-quality cleaning. This vacuum cleaner does not just crawl on a wet roller, it really shows results. At the same time, the manufacturer took care of the presence of two batteries in the kit. The claimed suction power is 140W. However, it should be understood that this figure is achieved when using the turbo mode. At the entry level, the performance is not as solid, but sufficient for decorative cleaning. Hair and pet hair are removed at maximum power.
- intelligent nozzle for washing;
- self-employment 40 minutes;
- maximum power;
- elegant design.
- initial performance.
Another premium model with a claimed power of 410 watts. Indeed, a convenient cyclonic upright vacuum cleaner has a suction power of 150 W, but this figure is much higher than the analogues described above. Even in normal mode, there is a serious efficiency advantage over LG Tefal TY9490WO and A9MASTER2X. Battery capacity even in maximum performance mode is enough for 40 minutes of work. The downside is that the battery takes about 3.5 hours to charge. The capacity of the dust container is 800 milliliters. There is a HEPA filter, the effectiveness of which cannot be doubted, given the reputation of the South Korean company.
- light weight 2.6 kg;
- good turbo nozzle;
- battery life;
- high power.
- loading takes a long time.
Xiaomi Dream V11
This is a well-known model of vertical parking vacuum cleaner, known for its value for money. The premium solution of the Chinese company was equipped with a powerful Space 4.0 engine delivering 25 kPa. The cyclone system ensures effective atomization of debris into small particles, and the HEPA-12 filter compresses contaminants down to 0.3 microns. The cyclone container holds up to 500 milliliters of dirt and can be cleaned with a single movement of the hand. Users can control the charge level using the OLED display. Indeed, such screens are used by many major brands, but their importance is extremely difficult to overestimate. A display with a wide viewing angle, showing a minimum of technical characteristics, is unlikely to be important for a vacuum cleaner. Self-employment can be from 10 to 90 minutes. In turbo mode, the device is discharged very quickly.
- autonomy in turbo mode;
- powerful engine;
- good filtration;
- expensive turbo.
- depletes quickly in turbo mode.
The best upright vacuum cleaner of 2021 is the Dyson V11 Absolute Extra Pro, which is second to none by many well-known brands. This is probably due to the excellent balance and numerous positive reviews from customers who are completely satisfied with the practicality and effectiveness of this line. Moreover, this trend was observed long before the release of the latest generation of the “V” series. Two turbo brushes are available at the same time, thanks to which the manufacturer was able to provide the widest possible scope of the vacuum cleaner — from carpets to slippery floors. A wall docking station has been implemented, a screen with a good indication. The power rating is 220W, which is again higher than many peers. Battery life reaches 60 minutes.
- excellent equipment;
- high power;
- manufacturer experience;
- there is a docking station on the wall.
The most powerful upright vacuum cleaners
In this category, premium models are presented, which are characterized by more power and a wider range. At the same time, the technique has no restrictions on maneuverability and ease of use.
Philips PowerPro Aqua FC 6405
The Philips FC 6402 model has already satisfied many home craftsmen. The high-quality cordless vacuum cleaner supports both dry and wet cleaning and can work offline for 40 minutes. At the same time, the manufacturer is satisfied with the good equipment, which also includes accessories for collecting and purifying water with microfiber. The main dust collector holds up to 600 milliliters of water, and there is a 200 milliliter clean coolant reservoir. The capacity of this device is enough to serve from 40 to 50 square meters. Small particles are retained by a good HEPA filter. The improved turbo brush deserves special attention. Charging the battery takes 330 minutes.
- HEPA filter quality;
- good equipment;
- optimal power;
- volume of operation;
- technology maneuverability.
If you are looking for a powerful mains-powered vertical parking vacuum cleaner, we recommend that you take a look at this model, albeit with a high price, but really high performance and ease of use. The device operates on the basis of a cyclone system with a dust collection volume of 620 milliliters. In general, this is enough for the maintenance of residential premises, including medium-sized houses. The power consumption of the device is 560W, which is higher for most vertical models. The turbo brush with pressure washer allows you to remove even the most stubborn dirt from different types of surfaces, and not just mop the floor like most robot vacuums for the same price. In addition, the manufacturer took care of the presence of good filtering, backlighting and a 7.5-meter cable.
- power cable length;
- good power;
- quality of wet cleaning;
- good turbo nozzle;
- slightly overpriced.
Philips FC6728/01 SpeedPro Aqua
Looking for a model with a wet cleaning stand, many buyers have opted for the Philips FC6728 with 180° suction system. This technology is responsible for the powerful and precise collection of dirt from different types of floors. At the same time, the powerful upright vacuum cleaner is equipped with an advanced LED light nozzle that allows you to detect debris even in hard-to-reach places that are not exposed to artificial and natural light. It is worth noting that the battery lasts for 50 minutes of battery life, and when you turn on the turbo mode, more than 22 minutes. Satisfied with the high quality of components, including crevice nozzle and main brush. The PowerBlade series motor is stable and quiet over time.
- reliable engine;
- good equipment;
- battery life;
- convenient design;
- hardware quality.
- not the brightest light.
Bissell HydroWave 2571-N
When considering powerful upright vacuum cleaners for the home, it’s hard not to mention the BISSELL HydroWave 2571-N, which is suitable for both dry and wet cleaning of residential areas. A good cleaning result is achieved not only by the powerful motor, but also by the high-quality XL carpet roller. According to the company’s engineers, it allows you to penetrate deeper into the fabric, removing even the most stubborn stains. It is worth noting that the manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty on equipment maintenance. Features include Deep Clean mode, CleanShot function (to highlight stains) and cleaning smooth surfaces. For the latter, cleaning with hot water at a temperature of 60 ° C is used. The design has 2 containers of 1.7 and 0.6 liters. Particularly noteworthy are the quality of the brush rollers and the ease of adjusting the height of the handle.
- comfortable model;
- high power;
- wet cleaning;
- useful features;
- roller quality.
- simple kit at a high price.
The best upright vacuum cleaner of 2021 is the Atvel G9, which features a powerful 125K RPM brushless thruster. The motor generates 170 W air currents, which are enough to clean various types of surfaces. The advantages of the technology include a six-stage filtration system capable of retaining up to 99.9% of fine particles — up to 0.3 microns. Judging by customer reviews, the manufacturer has equipped the vacuum cleaner with an excellent patented motorized nozzle, which includes soft brushes (for large debris) and bristles (for pet hair, wool). In turn, the ATVEL processor effectively controls the device’s performance, power consumption and brush speed. The balanced operation of the entire system has a positive effect on the speed and convenience of performing tasks. It is worth noting that the vacuum cleaner supports three operating modes, including Eco, Super and Auto. When using the economy mode, the battery life reaches 60 minutes, which is a very good indicator.
- filtration system;
- battery life;
- high power;
- clear OLED screen;
- 3 operating modes.
How to choose a good upright vacuum cleaner for your home?
Only by comparing the characteristics of upright vacuum cleaners it will be difficult to understand which model is needed in a particular case. For this reason, we have decided to provide a few key parameters to consider if you do not know how to choose such a technique:
- Performance: Rated suction power must be considered, not consumption. For an apartment or house, 100 W or more is enough, but for complex tasks (if there are pets or children), it is better to focus on models from 150 W and above.
- Mode — Turbo mode is necessary, but it helps to drain the battery faster.
- Equipment — depends on the cost of equipment and can vary greatly. Not all brands are ready to please customers with different turbo brushes for different types of carpets and a wall station for hanging a vacuum cleaner and saving space. However, each of these products must have a furniture accessory, a motorized brush, a dust accessory, and a charging base (if it is a cordless vacuum cleaner);
- Self-employment: here it is important to consider that a lot depends on the modes of work. In turbo mode, premium vacuum cleaners can operate for 10-15 minutes, but during this time they allow you to quickly clean any room. In normal mode, it was optimally 60 minutes.
- The capacity of the dust container is no longer the most important parameter, because the vacuum cleaner is discharged faster than the dust container is filled. If you are not sure how to choose an upright vacuum cleaner, pay more attention to the ease of removing dirt from the cyclone tank (ideally, this will take a few seconds).
Upright Vacuum Cleaner Tips from the Experts
- If you’re on a budget, it’s best to buy dry-cleaned models;
- If you want a premium vacuum cleaner, look for the option to switch modes. It is better that the selected technique works automatically and can adapt to the type of surface and its contamination. Thus, energy will be spent more rationally;
- Pay attention to the battery recharge time if you decide to take a powerful cordless vacuum cleaner or vacuum cleaner with you;
- When choosing a vacuum cleaner with a vertical wire, pay attention to the quality and length of the cord. The very essence of such a technique is convenience, but this nuance can negate the matter.
What is the best upright vacuum cleaner to buy in 2022?
In order not to get confused with the purchase of such equipment, it is necessary to determine the tasks. If you do not know which upright vacuum cleaner will suit your needs, pay attention to the reviews, which do not contain seller’s data, but actual indicators of independent experts:
- A good budget vacuum cleaner for an apartment: Xiaomi Deerma DX700;
- The best budget vacuum cleaner — Tefal X-PERT TY6933WO;
- A powerful model with a good price / quality ratio — Xiaomi Dreame V11;
- The best premium cordless vacuum cleaner is the Dyson V11 Absolute Extra Pro.