TOP 10 best computer cases: rating, features, reviews
Any computer assembly process begins with the selection of a suitable system case, which will house all the components. It would seem that you should choose a case according to the size of the rest of the components. For the most part, this is true, but there are still a bunch of other important nuances to consider.
For example, it is important to calculate how much thermal power your build will have, and how much the purchased case can dissipate. You also need to be able to understand form factors, materials, weight-to-size ratios and many other things, which will be discussed in my rating of the best computer cases.
Rating of the best computer cases
Thermaltake H200 TG Snow RGB
Thermaltake H200 TG Snow RGB is an extremely spacious, high-quality and stylish PC case that will suit both gamers and ordinary users who appreciate not only functionality, but also an unusual appearance. The black model, equipped with a panoramic side glass and bright, beautiful lighting, will really leave no one indifferent. The case comes with a 120x120mm fan, but you can always add front, rear, and top coolers. The system can be equipped with liquid cooling without any problems — there is enough space for this. In addition, the case is suitable for users who appreciate neatness — extra cables are easily removed behind the wall.
|materials||plastic, glass, steel|
|The weight||7.6 kg|
- quick-detachable tempered steel side glass;
- hard metal that does not bend or rattle;
- gorgeous RGB lighting;
- minimalistic design without unnecessary elements;
- the possibility of cable management due to the presence of special compartments for extra wires.
- poor quality of painting (easily scratched, sometimes it breaks off in pieces).
The GiNZZU D350 case is an excellent choice for creating a compact and stylish gaming or work system. A distinctive feature of the model is the RGB backlighting of the front panel and the glass side panel for a convenient overview of the entire assembly. The case conforms to the Mini-ITX form factor, which allows the use of Micro-ATX motherboards. At the same time, the allowed length of the video card can reach 320 mm, and the height of the processor cooler — 160 mm. Due to the use of high-quality metal and plastic in the design of the case, its high reliability and resistance to stress are ensured. An important feature of the model is several USB ports and audio connectors on the front panel.
|The weight||2.2 kg|
- beautiful RGB lighting;
- interesting design solution;
- all elements are quick-detachable;
- the ability to carry out a full-fledged cable management;
- smart ventilation system.
- it may be difficult to install an SSD / HDD drive, since the side partition blocks access to the desired compartment.
Thermaltake Versa H18
The Black Thermaltake Versa H18 case is small in size and minimalist in design, and has high potential for building a productive home station or work machine based on a Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX motherboard. The Micro-Tower model provides for the installation of an ATX power supply and a video card up to 350 mm long. Its pre-installed cooling system consists of an efficient 120mm cooler. The heat dissipation system can be supplemented according to the individual characteristics of your system unit.
|The weight||4.5 kg|
- thick metal;
- fit almost any video card (up to 350 mm);
- the ability to install up to six cooling fans;
- a special casing for the power supply, where you can hide extra wires;
- huge space inside without unnecessary elements.
- too “delicate” side window (easily scratched).
This computer case is one hundred percent worth its cost. The materials here are of high quality, there are a lot of places inside (there will be no problems with organizing extra cables), the appearance is a solid five.
This computer case is crafted using 0.5mm steel with a spectacular multi-color backlighting on the front panel. The model corresponds to the standard size Midi-Tower. You can use motherboards of all the most common form factors (Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX, Standard-ATX). The case does not have a power supply as standard. The maximum possible length of the video card is 335 mm, and the height of the cooler can reach 151 mm. The case is adapted to the possibility of mounting a liquid cooling system. It also has a plexiglass side window. The color of the product is black. This color scheme is justified when installing a computer in a room with any interior.
|materials||plastic, steel, plexiglass|
|The weight||2.7 kg|
- fits into any interior;
- incredibly beautiful design;
- the most important connectors are conveniently located on the front panel.
- The backlight is switched only by the reset button.
CoolerMaster MasterBox Lite 5
This case comes in a stylish black design and is compatible with Midi-Tower PCs, Standard/Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX boards. Delivery is carried out with a 120 mm fan, which can be replaced with a liquid cooling system. The front panel is complemented by two USB ports and two audio outputs for a microphone and headphones. There is a window on the side wall and dust filters. The model is equipped with a lower location of the power supply, a case made of steel and plastic and a transverse arrangement of baskets for drives with different diagonals.
|materials||plastic, steel, plexiglass|
|The weight||5.1 kg|
- interchangeable decorative elements;
- high-quality set of fasteners;
- clear assembly instructions;
- support for all video cards and tower coolers;
- an interesting solution in the form of a transparent front panel.
- poor ventilation.
ZALMAN S4 Plus
ZALMAN traditionally takes a meticulous approach to the creation of its cases, offering customers an excellent combination of quality, design and functionality of their products. One of the most interesting models was ZALMAN S4 PLUS. It is designed for enthusiasts who are not only looking for a case for a high-performance system, but also want a model with a striking design. The device assumes a vertical arrangement of storage baskets, but the presence of docking stations is not provided. There are three 120mm coolers included, but if that’s not enough for you, you can add five more.
|materials||plexiglass, plastic, steel|
|The weight||3.7 kg|
- high-quality dust filter;
- a nice addition to the package — speaker;
- the possibility of laying cables behind the rear wall;
- excellent breathability.
- noisy fans included.
AeroCool Cylon Mini
This case corresponds to the size of the Mini-Tower. You can assemble a system unit that will take up very little space: the overall dimensions of the case are 381x175x360 mm. The model is compatible with Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards. A feature of the appearance of the product is the multi-color illumination of the original design. It is worth noting the side window through which you can admire the interior of the entire system. The case is perfect for assembling a universal computer.
|materials||plastic, steel, plexiglass|
|The weight||2.6 kg|
- a large amount of internal space;
- the backlight has many modes and variations of glow;
- easy access to dust filters;
- beautiful sidebar;
- several trays for SSD and HDD.
- thin metal (it often rattles under load).
Probably one of the few cases from AeroCool that I would recommend to everyone. The model is good both in terms of design and in terms of workmanship. The metal isn’t thick, but it’s not thin either. There is a lot of space inside, although the product itself is quite compact. In general, an adequate price for an adequate branded product.
CoolerMaster MasterBox NR400
This case from CoolerMaster has a clean design with a tempered glass door that allows you to enjoy the look of your build. The model is an excellent basis for creating a productive gaming or workstation. It conforms to the Midi-Tower size, which allows you to use Mini-ITX motherboards, as well as Micro-ATX. The internal space allows you to install CPU coolers up to 166mm high and video cards up to 346mm long. Thanks to a well-thought-out and reliable design, convenient installation of modules and cable routing is ensured. The front panel has USB ports, as well as headphone and microphone outputs.
|materials||plastic, steel, glass|
|The weight||5.7 kg|
- chic design;
- high build quality;
- strong side glass;
- great opportunities for organizing the internal space.
- complete fans are of low quality.
My first case from CoolerMaster, which turned out to be the right choice. For its money, the model offers the user wide functionality in terms of selecting an individual cooling system and several dozen backlight modes. Strictly, but, as they say, with taste, I advise.
Cougar Gemini S
The Cougar Gemini S case will become a bright decoration of your workplace thanks to its bright and unusual design in the best gaming traditions. The model is made of high-quality metal, has a tempered glass side wall and adaptive RGB backlighting of the front panel. The model supports the installation of E-ATX, Micro-ATX, SSI-CEB, Standard-ATX and Mini-ATX motherboards. The length of the graphics card can be up to 410mm, and the height of the CPU cooler tower is 175mm. Air circulation inside the housing and heat dissipation can be performed by both air and water systems. In the top, back and frontal parts, there are seats for installing fans with a diameter of 120 or 140 mm.
|The weight||7.7 kg|
- high-quality assembly of individual elements;
- excellent level of ventilation of the entire system;
- huge interior space;
- backlight synchronization;
- high legs;
- tightly fitting dust filters.
- not detected.
DeepCool MATREXX 55
Deepcool MATREXX 55 will delight you not only with its attractive appearance, but also with its spaciousness. The model corresponds to the standard size Midi-Tower. It is compatible with E-ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX and Standard-ATX motherboards. The product is designed for mounting a video adapter, the length of which can reach 370 mm. The maximum height of the CPU cooler is also impressive: the value of this indicator is 168 mm. A feature of the case is the presence of multi-colored backlight, which looks extremely impressive in any light level. There is also a beautiful tempered glass window.
|materials||plastic, steel, glass|
|The weight||7 kg|
- quality assembly;
- Beautiful design;
- thoughtful ventilation system;
- the ability to hide the wires under a special casing;
- strong tempered glass.
How to choose
When choosing a high-quality computer case, you should take into account a bunch of important factors, which I will tell you about now.
- Form factor (size). All computer cases are divided into two types: vertical (Tower) and horizontal (Desktop). Each of them has its own classification of sizes. If everything is quite simple with Desktop cases (there are Slim- and Full-Desktop versions), then problems may arise with the choice of tower cases. So, in total, vertical cases have five sizes: Micro-Tower, Mini-Tower, Midi-Tower, Full-Tower, Super-Tower. I deliberately arranged them from smallest to largest. Office and low-power home computers are often housed in Micro-, Mini- and Midi-Tower cases, but already gaming “machines” and professional work builds need a more serious level of ventilation of components, so other options with massive dimensions will suit them.
- Materials. In most cases, the cases are made of a steel frame and plastic panels. The thickness of the frame varies greatly, ranging from 0.3 mm and above (depending on the cost of the model). The body made of thin metal will bend easily, so there may be excessive rattling during operation. The best option would be steel with a thickness of at least 0.5 mm.
- Built-in power supply. In fact, this is not such an important feature in choosing a good computer case, but just a nice little thing. In most cases, I recommend to my friends not to buy such cases with a built-in power supply, since, firstly, it often has a small power (up to 400 W), which is enough only for undemanding office assemblies, and secondly, an overpayment for a tandem » power supply + case” will be large enough than you would buy the same components separately.
- Cooling system. Here you can also divide all cases into two categories: the first can support the installation of liquid cooling systems, and the second cannot. Installing a CBO is a rather difficult process, so many do not dare to do it on their own, and accordingly, cases are selected taking into account the possibility of installing as many cooling fans as possible. Often, you can place 1-2 fans on the rear panel and 2-3 on the front, which is absolutely enough to remove heat from 90% of components.
- interfaces. It is also important to take into account the presence of various interfaces such as USB 2.0 / 3.0, SATA (2.5 / 3.5), jack 3.5 (headphones / microphone) and the like. Many manufacturers place all the necessary connectors on the front panel, which is incredibly convenient in “combat” conditions. If the case has any backlight, then an interesting solution would be to control it through a special button on the case. In the rest — everything is purely individual.