Rating of mobile air conditioners for home
A mobile home air conditioner is a monoblock device that performs tasks related to maintaining a comfortable microclimate in the house. As a rule, modern electronic devices successfully perform the following processes:
- lowering or raising the temperature in the room;
- air cleaning;
- air drying.
The best models can perform all of the above operations, more budget options — just a few of them. Our rating includes various models — both those that have broad functionality and simpler samples.
Inside such a device there are fans, an engine and a refrigerant. Centrifugal fans take air from the room and drive it through the cooling circuit. The heat is removed outside the room, and the cooled air is returned to the room.
As a rule, a good air conditioner cools the air in the room to 18-20 degrees. The most productive devices can lower the temperature even up to 15-16 °, if, of course, the room has good thermal insulation. When choosing a particular model, you can always read the reviews of real customers about a particular model in order to know how the declared efficiency of a mobile air conditioner is true.
How to choose the best air conditioner?
- First of all, power and performance are important. The more air the device takes in, the faster the temperature in the room will drop. We look at the power of the motor — for a room of 10 sq.m. you will need a motor with a power of 1 — 1.2 kW. Remember, the air conditioner «works» only with the room in which it stands, the air in neighboring rooms is unlikely to become noticeably cooler, even if you install a more efficient version of the device. As a rule, the «top models» of floor air conditioners are designed for 20-25 sq.m., while, for an hour of work, they will wind at least 2-3 kW on the meter.
- Condensate tank capacity. The larger the container, the less often it will need to be emptied. Some models provide the ability to evaporate condensate, but this is not always an advantage. Although, models that occupy high positions in various ratings on the Internet, as a rule, use just such a technique for dealing with condensate.
- Noise level. As already mentioned, it is the presence of a condenser and fans inside the room that creates the operating noise of the device. In most units, this figure is in the range of 50-52 dB. The best air conditioners in the ranking are noisy at 44-46 dB. You can somewhat reduce the noise of the air conditioner — if you buy a model with a tangential rather than blade type of fans. By the way, such a device consumes a little less electricity than usual.
- Refrigerant — it is better that R 410A freon circulates inside your household mobile air conditioner — this is the safest option today.
- Pay attention to the presence or absence of automatic regulators and switches — the less automation inside the floor air conditioner, the longer it will last you.
Additional options — an ionizer or dehydration, remote control or a timer will be a nice addition to the main functional task of a mobile air conditioner. But sometimes, it does not make sense to overpay for them at all.
Top air conditioners for home
The range of maintained temperatures is from 16 to 32 degrees, with such a breadth of possibilities you can always be in exactly the temperature regime in which you feel comfortable right now.
The dehumidification mode will eliminate excess humidity in the room, which in summer often looks like an even greater salvation than cooling the air.
The device is noisy, but it’s not even the motor, but the air stream that is rapidly escaping from the air conditioner. We will not blame the device for being too efficient, and we will simply recommend it to all those to whom the price does not seem too high.
A real monster that, with the help of a 4600 W engine under the hood, is capable of producing up to 9 cubic meters of cooled air per minute! Automatic temperature control allows the device to work at full capacity only from time to time, and therefore the noise it makes will not be permanent.
Four operating modes and three fan modes, amazing energy efficiency and full technical stuffing is a really amazing option.
The lack of a heating mode and the painfully biting price are the main shortcomings of this mobile handsome man. Well, it is up to you to decide how important they are, but what we can guarantee is that after buying this model, you will want to spend much more time in your cozy apartment in the summer.
Zanussi ZACM-12 VT/N1
Zanussi ZACM-12 VT/N1
The device has a fantastic power — 3520 W, which allows it to easily cool a not too large apartment as a whole.
All the necessary functionality, from self-diagnosis to ventilation and night mode, is in place. Remote control, timer — at your service. The device looks simply excellent, it will fit into both modern and classic interiors.
For such a price, there are already frankly not enough air purification filters — I would like the device to bring not only cooled, but also less harmful air for the lungs of households. Although, in general, the feeling of freshness in the room is created, so that most users will not notice the difference.
The device immediately captivates with its appearance, against the background of fairly standard competitors, made mainly in light colors, this black, ascetic, but very stylish device is perfect for those for whom the aesthetic component is as important as the technical one. Powerful, fast, beautiful and comfortable — what more could you want?
Personally, we would like less weight — 39 kilograms is still too much, only a physically strong man can even move it from a place. If you are going to install it once and for all in one place, for the sake of all the advantages, you can endure a few minutes of load. A worthy offer, where for every ruble invested you get quite tangible comfort.
An economical device that will satisfy the high demands of those who consider excessive energy consumption irrational. The device works quite quietly, but extremely efficiently — the air cools quickly and is maintained at the desired level during the entire operation of the device and for some time after.
Stylish and attractive design is an important advantage, no one wants to destroy a carefully selected interior with a faceless or out of the palette mobile air conditioner.
Unlike competitors from the previous rating positions, this mobile air conditioner has a heating mode, so you no longer have to have a separate device for winter and summer.
The device produces almost seven cubes of air flow per minute, so that even a large room in a couple of minutes after turning it on will reach the desired temperature. By the way, the device has a two-year warranty — a very pleasant period, obviously, the manufacturer is confident in the reliability of his product.
High power can be perceived as a plus or a minus — in our case, it was possible to sacrifice part of it in order to reduce the level of noise produced.
It looks strange that even after the room has cooled to the desired temperature, the fan of the device continues to rotate — we recommend that you turn off the device for a while after you have reached your goals. In general, Electrolux did not lose face — a strong middle peasant at a fair price.
The South Korean concern is known in the world not only for budget cars, but also for its cooling equipment. Easy to operate and compact, this device has all the classic advantages of a mobile air conditioner.
The minimum maintained temperature is 16 degrees, so even on the hottest day you can enjoy your time in the coolness of your own apartment.
The absence of fine air filters is difficult to write down as a disadvantage; this option is typical for more expensive models. Not everyone will like the too primitive appearance, but those who purchase the device for the sake of efficiency, and not showiness, will certainly be satisfied.
Timberk AC TIM 07C P8
Timberk AC TIM 07C P8
An inexpensive mobile air conditioner that perfectly copes with the tasks assigned to it due to its impressive performance — the device is able to generate an air flow of up to 5.5 cubic meters per minute.
Such efficiency is ensured due to the worthy power of the device — 2050 watts. The device consumes 785 W in cooling mode — a moderate indicator.
The lack of a timer and a remote control was somewhat disappointing; the lack of a heating mode will come back to haunt the colder seasons. The device produces an uncritical, but still unpleasant noise during operation.Метки: conditioners, home, mobile, rating